Facing a DUI in Columbia, SC?
Whether you were having a few drinks with friends after work or you struggle with alcoholism, a DUI is no walk in the park. And it’s probable that you care deeply about how a DUI might affect your reputation along with the impact it could have on your relationship with friends and family.
Does a DUI arrest make you a criminal?
Well, in South Carolina, a DUI is a criminal offense. So it must be taken seriously. And depending on whether this is your first, second, third or a Felony DUI, you could be facing any of the following:
- Long term jail sentence
- Higher insurance rates
- Loss of your professional license or job
- An alcohol treatment program
- A court mandated ignition interlock device placed on your vehicle and more.
Are you ready for some good news?
Fortunately, this is where we come in. Our DUI attorneys will explore the ins and outs of your DUI charge and determine if there’s anything we can use in your defense. We’ll work to get to the bottom of questions like:
- Was the breathalyzer machine defective?
- Could there be false readings due to medication?
- Was there proof of probable cause to test for impairment?
- Was the blood or breath test improperly administered ?
- Were the field sobriety tests improperly administered?
- Did the arresting office comply with the mandatory video taping requirement?
We’re not going guarantee we can get your charges dismissed. That would be unethical. But there are many ways to combat both the short- and long-term consequences of a DUI conviction in South Carolina. And with the right legal strategy, many people are able to put this tragedy behind them forever.
To find out how you can improve your chance for success, contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a skilled Columbia, SC, DUI attorney.