Facing Criminal Charges in Columbia, SC?
You need the help of a seasoned criminal defense attorney to defend you.
As we speak, your time is running out. That’s because you don’t have an attorney, and the prosecution is working hard to build a case against you. They want to be sure you get everything you deserve and more -- whether you’re guilty or not. Unfortunately, without an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side, they will probably succeed.
A conviction has a long-lasting impact on your life. It’s something that follows you wherever you go. It can affect your job, your family and, in the worst case scenario, your freedom.
Depending on what you’ve been charged with, you could be facing:
- Time in jail or a long prison sentence
- Probation or house arrest
- The loss of custody of your children
- The loss of your legal residence status or face deportation
And the list goes on ...
But just because you’ve been charged with a crime, it doesn’t mean you’re guilty or will be convicted. It does mean you need to act fast!
Giese Law Firm has represented hundreds of people from all walks of life -- people who have been charged with both violent and nonviolent crimes. In each situation, our criminal defense attorneys take an aggressive approach in protecting the rights and liberties of our clients no matter the charge.
We represent people who are facing the following criminal charges in Columbia, SC:
- Possession of drugs
- Assault & Battery
- Domestic violence
- Driving under the influence
- Theft (Shoplifting, Burglary)
- Traffic offenses
- White collar crimes and more.
We’re not going to tell you that we’re the only criminal defense attorneys in Columbia, SC that can help you. That would be a lie. But here’s what sets our attorneys apart.
- Barney Giese has over 30 years experience as the former “chief” prosecutor for Richland and Kershaw county. That means you have access to an attorney with unique perspective because he sees your situation from both sides of the law.
- Barney has been involved in a wide variety of high-profile cases, including numerous death penalty cases and hundreds of murder cases. Cases that have been covered on Court TV, truTV, CBS' "48 Hours" and NBC's "Dateline."
Two of the most notable cases include:
- Barney has over 30 years of criminal trial experience in state and federal courts of South Carolina
- Keith Giese has over 29 years experience as former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. In addition, he was the Deputy Solicitor (prosecutor) in York, SC.
- Keith has been involved in a wide variety of high-profile cases, including numerous death penalty cases, such as Susan Smith in Union County, SC (1995), arguably the most publicized criminal case in the history of this state.
Right now, your head is swimming with thoughts and ideas. Allow us to make everything clear: you need to take action and get in touch with a criminal defense attorney about your case. Email us or call 803.708.6767 to schedule your free legal consultation.